Last updated: February 2020.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Widroo.com and its affiliates (collectively “Widroo”) collect and process your personal information through Widroo websites, devices, products, services, online and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “Widroo Services”). By using Widroo Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Widroo Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Widroo Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Widroo Services.
• Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Widroo Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Widroo Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Widroo Services and other content served by or on behalf of Widroo on other websites.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For What Purposes Does Widroo Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
• Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
• Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Widroo Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Widroo Services.
• Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Widroo Services. .
• Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
• Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Widroo Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
• Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
• Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Widroo, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does Widroo Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries Widroo controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
• Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Widroo Services.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Widroo or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of Widroo and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Widroo, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
• We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
• We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard when handling credit card data.
• We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs. Click here for more information on how to manage the security settings of your device.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, household settings, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service . Many of our Widroo Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
• As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Widroo Services.
• If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences . If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
• If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your Advertising Preferences .
• If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account here and blocking cookies on your browser.
• You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable Widroo website (e.g., in “Manage Your Content and Devices”), device, or application. Most non-Widroo devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service . Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use Widroo Services?
Widroo does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Widroo Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Widroo Services
You provide information to us when you:
• search or shop for products or services in our stores;
• add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Widroo Services;
• download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
• provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile ;
• upload your contacts;
• configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an device or service;
• communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
• complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
• upload or stream images, videos;
• participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
• provide and rate Reviews ;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
• identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
• payment information;
• your age;
• your location information;
• your IP address;
• people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
• e-mail addresses of your friends and other people;
• content of reviews and e-mails to us;
• personal description and photograph in Your Profile ;
• images and videos collected or stored in connection with Widroo Services;
• information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers;
• corporate and financial information;
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
• the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
• login, e-mail address, and password;
• the location of your device or computer;
• content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
• device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
• Widroo Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
• version and time zone settings;
• purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers;
• the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
• phone numbers used to call our customer service number;
• images or videos when you shop in our stores, or stores using Widroo Services.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
• updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
• account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
• information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
• search results and links.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Widroo Services include:
• status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
• your complete order history;
• personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
• payment settings;
• e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
• recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
• shopping lists;
• your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
• content that you recently viewed;
• Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile).
Conditions of Use
Please review Conditions of Use, which also governs your use of Widroo Services, to understand our practices.
Please read these conditions carefully before placing an order with Widroo. By placing an order with Widroo, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.